Our 4.12 Leadership Training Program is especially designed for youth between 8th and 12th grades. Though our 4.12 teens serve as counselors for camps and retreats, the program focuses on providing them with training to serve wherever God places them. Through Biblical worldview lessons, service opportunities, and accountability measures, the 4.12 program helps students to mature spiritually.
The program specifically addresses these issues in a young person’s life:
- Biblical worldview—Processing and assessing current cultural life from a biblical perspective- an absolute “must” for the serious trainee of Christ.
- Spiritual disciplines—Learning to nurture and guard his/her own spiritual life through biblical disciplines of Bible reading, Bible memorization, prayer, evangelism, etc. for life-long spiritual health and growth.
- Personal accountability—Choosing to be honest, transparent, and confessional with God and another person as the mark of a sincere and committed disciple and worthy leader.
- Leadership development—Learning what leadership is and isn’t, and developing the servant-leader mentality through a close look at Christ and other biblical models.
- Leadership practicum—Seeking and accepting servant roles in a variety of practical situations, inside and outside the program, as valuable preparation for life-long leadership.
We don’t think you’d be reading this if you were totally focused on yourself. This is for young people who are serious about loving Jesus and other people. But first you have to sign up. Here’s what’s in store for you if you do:
- You’ll get to know Jesus better by developing good habits of Bible study, prayer, and scripture memorization.
- You’ll learn how to witness and gain the benefits of solid Christian fellowship.
- You’ll discuss topics related to your faith with fellow 4.12 students, program leaders and adult mentors.
- You’ll learn to influence others rather than following the crowd.
- You’ll connect with an adult mentor (a friend of your choosing) to help you grow as you walk through the program together. (See our info about the Barnabas program on mentors.)
- You’ll earn a good reputation through speech, life, love, faith and purity.
- You’ll prepare for life in the future.
- You’ll have fun with friends who encourage your faith.
Of course, all of this depends upon you doing your best in the 4.12 LTP.