About the 4.12 Leadership Training Program
What is the 4.12 LTP?
The 4.12 LTP is a discipleship program for students in grades 8 to 12 who want to make a radical difference in the world. You love Jesus and are ready to be serious about following Him. And, you’d like to have some fun in the process.
If you’re ready and willing, we are too. We’ll provide you with training, chances to serve, opportunities for friendships with others on the same journey, and lots of good memories.
What does this mean I need to do?
The 4.12 LTP is based on a great scripture verse: “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” (1 Timothy 4:12). (Yes, this verse is how the program got its name!)
Your training and service are based on this verse and the areas where it challenges you to set an example. We will give you assignments that will change your life and changes to put the stuff you’re learning into action. We’ll also bring you together with the other 4.12 LTP teens for retreats, conferences, social events and chances to serve together.
What’s in it for me?
We don’t think you’d be reading this if you were totally focused on yourself. This is for young people who are serious about loving Jesus and other people. But first you have to sign up. Here’s what’s in store for you if you do:
- You’ll get to know Jesus better by developing good habits of Bible study, prayer, and scripture memorization.
- You’ll learn how to witness and gain the benefits of solid Christian fellowship.
- You’ll discuss topics related to your faith with fellow 4.12 students, program leaders and adult mentors.
- You’ll learn to influence others rather than following the crowd.
- You’ll connect with an adult mentor (a friend of your choosing) to help you grow as you walk through the program together. (See our info about the Barnabas program on mentors.)
- You’ll earn a good reputation through speech, life, love, faith and purity.
- You’ll prepare for life in the future.
- You’ll have fun with friends who encourage your faith.
Of course, all of this depends upon you doing your best in the 4.12 LTP.
Who Can Be Involved?
The 4.12 Leadership Training Program begins enrolling new students each July/August. The program begins each September. Enrollment information is provided during planned meetings in July and new students must submit their applications prior to August 31st. Anyone meeting these criteria is eligible to participate:
- Beginning 8th grade or higher
- At least 13 years old by the following June
- Has a personal relationship with Christ
- Desires to strengthen their personal relationship with Christ and is willing to be held accountable
When are the enrollment meetings for 2012?
Enrollment meetings for the 2013-2014 year will be held this summer on the following dates:
- July 19 – informational meeting for returning 4.12 students and parents
- July 21 – informational meeting for potential new 12 students and parents
- July 24 – informational meeting for returning 4.12 students and parents
- July 26 – informational meeting for potential new 4.12 students and parents
If you are unable to attend on these dates you can still be considered for the program by contacting us to request an information/application packet.
Call us at 717-369-4539 or email email@example.com to request your packet. Returning students should renew their applications by July 31st. Application deadline is August 31st.
Is there a cost to be part of the 4.12?
There is a fee with the 4.12 LTP. This fee includes the training retreats, materials, two t-shirts and more!
There are five levels within the program, so each you that you return work on new materials and goals that will continue to encourage and challenge you in your spiritual growth.
Who can I talk to about the program?
Questions about the program can be directed to Steve Rice at 717-369-4539 or emailed to steveATjoyelDOTorg.